Jason is currently being transferred to the facility where he will (possibly) be serving his sentence, Vandalia Correctional Center. It is 4 hours away from Chicago!
Jason Hammond, M50190
P.O. Box 500
Vandalia, IL 62471
General rules to remember when writing to Jason and other prisoners:
- Please do not talk about anything illegal. Remember that all letters are screened, so please do not talk about anything you would not feel comfortable saying in front of police, a prosecutor, a judge or jury.
- Include a return address in the body of your letter if you would like a reply as envelopes do not always make it to prisoners.
- Please do not use glue, yarn, ribbons, stickers, glitter, etc. in your letters as they are prohibited – crayons, coloured pencils and markers are fine.
- Please do not enclose extra stamps, extra blank paper or envelopes with your letter. While the thought is appreciated, they are prohibited and Jason will not receive them.
- Please do not include money with your letters. The best way to donate to financially help Jason is to donate here.
- Please be patient when waiting for a return letter.